Extended Primary Care service
What we do now to provide access for patients
Seeing a Doctor:
Ten-minute appointments: your choice of doctor/nurse, bookable up to a month ahead (bookable in person, by phone or online).
We hold a worker’s clinics from 07:00 on Tuesday and on Thursday evening until 19:20. These are bookable in advance only.
Telephone appointments: with a doctor of your choice (not available by internet booking). If you have a non-urgent medical query, we are pleased to offer a telephone consultation with the doctor of your choice. These are bookable in advance. Urgent problems should still be dealt with by the duty-doctor.
Seeing a Nurse/Health Care Assistant:
The treatment room nurse offers mainly pre-bookable appointments with some appointments available to book on the day. You may be asked the reason so that you are allocated the appropriate slot.
The healthcare assistant also provides appointments.
What should I do when I need to see the doctor urgently?
We define urgent as you cannot wait for the next appointment and wish to be seen the same day.
We ask you to phone* to speak to a duty-doctor, during the following times:
08:30 to 10:00
15:00 to 16:00
The doctor will be able to:
- Offer brief advice on the telephone (and sometimes avoid you having to come at all e.g. prescriptions and some certificates)
- Agree you need to be seen urgently and book you a TIME to come during that session (avoiding a long wait for you), either at the local Extended Access Hub Clinic (based out of Bermondsey Spa Medical Centre, 50 Old Jamaica Road, SE16 4BN) or at Albion Street.
- Offer a routine appointment, perhaps after suggesting some advice or tests
- Offer a telephone conversation to discuss in more detail at a later time
- Agree a home visit is necessary for you.
*If you have difficulty using the telephone please come to the surgery and let the receptionist know you wish to be seen urgently. The doctor will speak to you briefly before offering you one of the above options. If you are offered an appointment that session you may have to wait or you can choose to return for it.
Please note that we are unable to return telephone calls to phones that will not accept anonymous calls.
Need to cancel your appointment?
We have a new cancellation line, telephone: 0203 049 7131. Please do not use this line for any other message as these will not be responded to.
Please call outside our busy times (08:30-10:00 and 15:00-16:00) for: making a routine appointments, checking results etc.
Need to ask a question?
The receptionists make appointments and deal with repeat prescription requests and all other administrative duties. They are very knowledgeable about how the practice works so please ask them for any help that you require.