NHS Blood and Transplant are asking 18 to 65 year old males who have had COVID to donate plasma for new treatment research that could save lives. Find out how to donate plasma for this trial on the NHS Blood and Transplant website.
PRINCIPLE is a nationwide clinical study from the University of Oxford to find COVID-19 treatments for the over 50s that can be taken at home.
The PRINCIPLE Trial is entirely remote. You can participate from the comfort of your own home from anywhere in the UK with no face to face visits required. See How to join the PRINCIPLE study.
Opportunity to take part in the MODULATE-LBP research study, using minimally invasive implant technology in the treatment of lower back pain with no prior surgery:
YOU COULD BE ELIGIBLE IF YOU HAVE:
- Chronic predominant back pain (for over 12 months)
- Moderate or severe intensity (over 6/10 pain score)
- No previous spinal surgery
- Failed to respond to previous treatment
- Over 18 years old
For further details:
Please contact the Pain Research Department at St Thomas’ Hospital:
Phone: 02071 883 237
A team of child psychologists from the NHS National and Specialist CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) and King’s College London, who specialise in treating Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) are recruiting for a new and timely research study, investigating the effectiveness of:
You can take part if:
- You are aged 12 to 17 years old
- Your main problem is symptoms of PTSD after a single traumatic event
- You can read English to a level that allows you to use the website and App
- You have access to a smartphone or computer (e.g. laptop, desktop, computer, iPad) with internet access, in a private space
- If you or someone you know might be suitable or interested, visit the Online PTSD Treatment for Young People and Carers website for more information and to make a self referral
Alternatively, to speak to a member of the OPTYC research team you can email optyc@ or telephone 0207 848 0580. kcl.ac.uk
Please contact the research team directly if you think you are eligible, NOT the Practice.