Registering with Us
- Registration will need to be completed before you can book an appointment with us.
- You will remain registered with your previous GP until you are fully registered with us. We cannot issue any repeat prescriptions until we receive confirmation of your past medical history and medication so do ask your previous GP for a supply.
- Please contact the practice if you are registering children (under 16 years old) in your care before completing an online registration.
Step 1: Check Catchment Area
Please confirm that you live within our Practice Catchment Area:
Step 2: Complete a Patient Registration Form
Our online registration form will collect your details, a brief outline of your medical history and record your preferences. This information may be added to your record and will allow us to begin to provide you with medical services.
I do not want to register online
If you prefer not to register online please complete the following steps:
- Use our Practice Catchment Area Tool to ensure you live with our catchment area.
- Download and complete a GMS1 Permanent Patient Registration form (also available from reception).
- Return your completed registration forms to reception.
All new patients are offered a health check with a member of the healthcare team to ensure that any required tests are up to date and that we have an accurate note of any repeat medication you may be taking.
Guide to GP Services
The Royal College of General Practitioners has produced a useful Guide to GP Services. This tells you about the services on offer at GP Surgeries and how to access them.
If you are ill while away from home or if you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one you can receive emergency treatment from the local GP practice for 14 days. After 14 days you will need to register as a temporary or permanent patient.
You can be registered as a temporary patient for up to three months. This will allow you to be on the local practice list and still remain a patient of your permanent GP. After three months you will have to re-register as a temporary patient or permanently register with that practice.
To register as a temporary patient simply contact the local practice you wish to use. Practices do not have to accept you as a temporary patient although they do have an obligation to offer emergency treatment. You cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.
Accountable Named GP for All Patients
You will be allocated a named GP on registration but you will be registered with the practice rather than that individual GP. You may see any of the doctors. However, if you do have a preferred GP, please let us know when making an appointment and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
New patients are allocated a Doctor on Registration.